Friday, April 6, 2012

AMA Pro Hillclimb Rider spotlight by Tilt-A-Rack

Tilt-A-Rack.com AMA Pro Hillclimb Rider spotlight

Tilt-A-Rack recently signed a contract to be a sponsor for the AMA Pro Hillclimb Series in 2012 http://www.amaproracing.com/hc/ We will have some of our products at every race this season and we are also doing a full season contest for $500 store credit from our store. www.tilt-a-rack.com/2012-rack-it-n-strap-it-contest/ We have also started our first ever social media point system which will bring more exposure to the AMA Pro Hillclimb Series. We are rewarding the TOP three riders that participate in our program at the end of the season, our hope is this program will strengthen the relationship with  sponsors and athletes alike. We are about 2 months out from the first race June 3rd, as we get closer to the start of the season we will introduce the riders to you. This week our spotlight is focused on Scott Campbell. Scott is part of the AMA Pro Hillclimb as a rider and part of the management group as well!  

Tilt-A-Rack: 
What got you into dirt bike racing and the pro Hillclimb series?
Scott Campbell:  
My family got me into racing or basically I followed them in. My dad, Bob, was a 350cc class amateur Hillclimb points champion in 1973 and won quite a bit of district and local in his early years. He was service manager for the Yamaha dealer in our area for about 20 years and also ran a part time shop at home so we were always around motorcycling. My brother, Jeff, is mostly to blame for my curse of hill-climbing because he taught me a lot of what I know and the tricks of the trade. He has won 3 amateur national titles on a bike and 2 on an ATV. My wife, Amanda, runs the Pro-Sport class in the AMA Pro Hillclimb series along with me and has had multiple podiums since 2009 and was 2010 AMA amateur national Women’s Class Champion, so it is definitely a “Family Thing”
Tilt-A-Rack:
  How long have you been riding dirt bikes?
Scott Campbell:
I have been hill-climbing since 1981 and won several district titles. After competing in 8 amateur nationals I never accomplished the goal of national champion, but always found myself in the top 5. In July of 2008 I did accomplish what most dream of by winning my first AMA Pro Hillclimb at Jefferson, PA. Almost everyone was convinced you couldn’t win on a gas bike against the nitro-methane bikes but I proved them wrong. Since then I have had several podium finishes and for 2012 I am looking to be there again. The real kicker of it is I have had open heart surgery twice, once in 1986 and again in 2000 and have proven the “Never Give Up” theory. Most of my success since 2001 in racing is owed to Amanda for making me the person I am today, pushing me to make my racing dreams possible. For the off-season, I am currently running the GNCC off-road series and enjoying it tremendously, it has allowed me to enhance my reaction times and balance.
Tilt-A-Rack:
What are your future plans with the AMA Pro Hillclimb series?

Scott Campbell:
My vision for AMA Pro Hillclimb is to gain title sponsors and TV coverage. I would like to see at least one race per year on national TV, and it is something we are working on. I would love to see the purses for each event grow; the cost of pro-hillclimbing is not cheap by any means and the riders have a certain love for the sport to put on a show for the fans. Things have been changing slowly for the series and I feel they are very positive changes. We are very grateful to Tilt-A-Rack.com for being the first of these positive changes by taking the chance to partner with us for the 2012 Season. Hillclimb was left to “run itself” is the easiest way to put it, so therefore nobody pushed to make it grow. After seeing how much time and effort it takes to bring the Series to the level we would like to see it, we now know why there hasn’t been such a push before. We have started restructuring the way things are done at the events and for 2012 it will make a great visual impact for the spectators and sponsors that are involved, as well as the riders.
Tilt-A-Rack:
Who is your favorite racer, any series?
Scott Campbell: 
My favorite rider was always Jeremy McGrath, but I am not sure what year I watched my first supercross. He was my favorite because he did the nac-nac and put on that extra show for the fans. As for today, I watch Chad Reed as my favorite because he has a desire to win like no one else. The “never give up” thing impresses me.

Tilt-A-Rack the Official Rack of the AMA Pro Hillclimb Series would like to offer a Special thanks to Scott for taking time to talk to us about their series and his passion for racing. The AMA Pro Hillclimb is a series filled with passion and amazing Athletes. Please follow along this season and get in on the DIRT.

AMA Pro Hillclimb Series Facebook Page:  www.facebook.com/AMAProHillclimb?ref=ts 
Social Media Points Race Page:  www.tilt-a-rack.com/ama-pro-hillclimb-rider-points/



No comments:

Post a Comment